Re: Is there a function to return buffer of the "other" window when spli

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: Is there a function to return buffer of the "other" window when split horizontally?
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 23:37:37 +0100

Martin Nordholts wrote:
Hello!

I fail to find a function that returns the "other" buffer when one has
split a window horizontally.

other-window seemed as a good candidate at first, but I can't make it
work as I wish.

How can I do this?

I need it for a function that changes a horizontally split window to a
vertically split one (to quickly make more rows availible on both
buffers when entering a Ruby debugger session.

Something like this perhaps:

(save-window-excursion
  (other-window 1)
  (window-buffer))

But have you checked on EmacsWiki is someone has already written a library for this?