gnuclient -batch option and emacs 21.3.1

From: fredf
Subject: gnuclient -batch option and emacs 21.3.1
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 13:26:29 -0800 (PST)

I can't find a version of gnuclient/gnuserv that both supports the -batch
option as well as GNU emacs (on Unix).
The version shipped with xemacs requires elisp functions not present in GNU
emacs,
and the only version I'm finding on the web
(http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/ange/gnuserv/,
which is gnuserv 2.1alpha) doesn't support the -batch option.

Does anybody have any suggestions?  I want to be able to cause an existing
emacs to execute a function (ediff),
from the command line.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!