Re: Latest emacs snapshots max CPU on XP

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: Latest emacs snapshots max CPU on XP
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:48:19 +0100

On 2/28/07, Chris McMahan <first_initiallastname@one.dot.net> wrote:

I've used pre-compiled XP binaries and compiled my own using MinGW,
and both will suddenly start using up 60-80% of my CPU resources. I've
not been able to correlate any specific activities with this behavior.

Could you please try adding

 (setq jit-lock-stealth-time nil)

to your .emacs and report whether it helps?

The pre-compiled version I'm currently using does not have this
problem
- GNU Emacs 22.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2006-06-04 on TPAD

There's quit a lot of changes between that version and the current
pretest. When did you start to notice the problem?

Do you load many buffers, particularly many buffers with complex
fontification (source code, etc.)?

            Juanma