Re: refreshing all frames from files

From: Matthew Flaschen
Subject: Re: refreshing all frames from files
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 23:28:35 -0500

Gary Wessle wrote:
> "weber" <hugows@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 28 fev, 22:44, Gary Wessle <phd...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> often times I would have many files visited and thus few windows in
>>> the frame, is there a key hit to refresh all of them at once instead
>>> of C-x C-v for each and every one?
>>>
>>> thanks
>> What do you mean refresh?
>  the files get changed by another process and I want to view the
>  changes with out having to do C-x C-v for each and every one.

I just worked up the below.  I set the key combo As C-x v, which is
unused by default.  However, you can change it.  Put it in ~/.emacs:

Matthew Flaschen

(defun refresh-all-buffers ()
"Refreshes all buffers from disk"
(interactive)
(mapc
 (lambda (buffer)
   (if (buffer-file-name buffer)
   (find-alternate-file (buffer-file-name buffer))))
 (buffer-list)))

(global-set-key [?\C-x ?v] 'refresh-all-buffers)