Re: emac in large projects

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: emac in large projects
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 09:49:31 -0500

Ask wrote:

I am a new learner of Emacs. How is it used for large projects. At
least, how do we find all occurrences of a function, how do we jump to
definition of a variable or function. There are other tools to do that
- gid, cscope etc. Can it be done from within the emacs editor
itself ?

The ...tag function previously described are fine.

Another solution is to run grep within emacs, and then click on a hit or step through the hits. It's not context sensitive like the tags feature, but it requires no preprocessing and works for any directory
regardless if the programming language.