Re: customize c++ syntax highlighting

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: customize c++ syntax highlighting
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:30:59 -0500

ctypes will parse your header files, find typedef's, and understand that it's a program specific type.

I found that I had to play with its customization a bit because it was slow at its most automated setting.

sugi.furuta@gmail.com wrote:
Just wondered if anyone could tell me how in C++ major mode I can make
emacs treat a specific word as being syntactically equivalent to a
default C++ type.

For example,

If I type "int foo();" "int" is coloured green and "foo" is coloured
blue, which is nice.

But if I type "mytype foo();" I don't get any colours at all. I'd like
mytype to be treated as if it were a default C++ type.