Re: emms help

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: emms help
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 16:21:44 +0100

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Hadron,

> Your translation/dict stuff is still going strong.

Thanks!

> How about a "how to"?
>
> Obvious stuff like : Here is my music, how do I get emms to see it and
> allow me to make a playlist?

Hm, yeah. That's mentioned in Basic Commands, but it probably gets lost
in the listing of all those function.

> It took me half a day to realise that the reason that it didnt work at
> all was down to its default player list! Even though I had mplayer, it
> fell over when the first one in the list wasnt available.

That's a bug or the file you wanted to play was not playable by all
other players.

,----[ (info "(emms)The Browser") ]
|    To be properly useful, you should do M-x `emms-add-directory-tree'
| to all the files you own at least once so that the cache is fully
| populated.
`----

I guess you use emms-2.1, so maybe the docs have improved in the
meantime. But a quickstart guide really should be included.

Bye,
Tassilo