Re: Set TAB indentation and refactoring question

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Set TAB indentation and refactoring question
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:06:33 +0100

Am 07.03.2007 um 09:50 schrieb Pedro Sa da Costa:

1 - I've setted the tab indentation for 8 spaces. But, to do the indentation, i must do: C-q TAB (or something like that). If i do only TAB, the indentation has 2 spaces. How can i configure only the TAB to do the indentation of 8 spaces?

The TAB key is usually (in most major modes) bound to a function that does some indentation in this mode. And it also seems to be malfunctioning in mini-buffer, i.e. doing some useless indentation when I mean exactly C-i.

This question was answered a few times before on this list. Could be it has become part of an FAQ.

--
Greetings

  Pete

Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped.
                                     -- Elbert Hubbard