Re: replacing characters and whacky trans-buffer conversion

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: replacing characters and whacky trans-buffer conversion
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 22:30:04 +0100

Am 07.03.2007 um 22:03 schrieb ken:

Sorry... in the below it should say 5542 instead of 5442.

Sorry, doesn't work like that in my GNU Emacs 22.0.93! I have both times, in UTF-8 encoded buffers, the Greek small letter beta, i.e. ``β´´. And I use C-u C-x = to determine what it is.

Can you take a bit of care on the few characters left of the leftmost ``:´´ in the mode-line? These characters, by which the mode-line actually starts on the left, show the encoding used in that buffer. This information is as important as the name of the currency unit on your coins or bank-notes. I mean, what are 1 million Lire?!

--
Greetings

  Pete

The human brain operates at only 10% of its capacity. The rest is overhead for the operating system.