Re: Font-Locking for Allout Mode

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: Font-Locking for Allout Mode
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 15:03:50 +0100

Stephen Berman <Stephen.Berman@gmx.net> writes:

Hi Stephen,

> It works for me.

Strange.

> However, I found that I have to add `mode: allout' to the Local
> Variables section in order for the fontification to be seen upon
> visiting the file.

My local variable section looks like

,----[ ~/.emacs ]
| ;;Local variables:
| ;;allout-layout: 0
| ;;End:
`----

If I add ";;mode: allout" the allout-layout won't be applied -- nothing
is collapsed/narrowed. And fontification of the headings isn't applied,
too.

> If allout-mode isn't specified as a file local variable, then calling
> font-lock-fontify-buffer makes the fontification show up.

Has no effect here. The fontification is still emacs lisp, but the
special allout headings are still fontified as normal comments.

> I don't know if this indicates a bug in that code.

I don't get you here. Does that mean that you use a different code
snippet for allout fontification? If yes, could you post your working
snippet?

And could you test my snippet with your emacs? BTW, what version do you
use? It's 22.0.95 here, maybe it's a version specific thing...

Bye,
Tassilo
--
* delYsid has mortgage, opportunity and penis in his score file.
<delYsid> thats pretty effective against spam