RE: How to auto open excel/doc files

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: How to auto open excel/doc files
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 08:55:24 -0800

> I'd like to auto open files by system application in dired mode.
> For example:
> when I pressed enter at the point of files which is *.xls,it opened by
> excel/openoffice.
> when I pressed enter at the point of files which is *.pdf,it opened by
> acrobat reader.
> Have any advice?

If you are on MS Windows, then try library `w32-browser.el'. It lets you
open files in Dired using Windows file associations, so, for instance,
clicking `mouse-2' on a file foo.xls would open the file in Excel.

Code: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/w32-browser.el

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/DiredPlus.