Disable "globaladvance" for font in Xft emacs

From: Peng Deng
Subject: Disable "globaladvance" for font in Xft emacs
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 15:51:17 +0100

I've been using Emacs23 with Xft support.  I notice it uses the
default system-wide xft settings in .Xresource, other than those in
fonts.conf which can control most gtk apps, to control fonts
rendering.

Now I'm using a font called "Monaco" which is rendered with wrong
letter spacing if you don't disable the "globaladvance" in fonts.conf
for it. But this only works for gtk apps while for Emacs, I don't know
how should I write in .Xresources (or resort to other method) to
achieve the same result.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Peng