Re: Donot want to see default buffers

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: Donot want to see default buffers
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 00:15:53 -0500

CloudStrife wrote:
Hi,
I donot want to see the default buffers like scratch Messages
Completions etc in C-x C-b . Can anyone help me out. I am new to emacs
and the simpler the solution the better it is.
Regards
Cloud

If you enable iswitchb in Options>Customize Emacs, then you can add regexps to iswitchb-buffer-ignore that will cause various classes of buffer names to be masked out. For example if you insert ^\* into the ibi list then buffer names starting with * will be masked out when you type C-x b. These buffer names can still be seen and selected with the mouse from the menu.

Ed