Re: Split frame?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Split frame?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 22:56:45 +0100

Am 13.03.2007 um 22:37 schrieb Vols:

I installed a plugin "tabbar.el" so that each file has a tab at the
top of the window. (looks like the tab in firefox).
Usually I need to work with more than 10 ".c" or ".h" files at the
same time. I used 'C-x C-f' to open files. After I used 'C-x 3' to
split to two windows, the tabs in each window are identical. If I kill
one buffer in left window, this buffer is also killed in right window.
This is my problem.

No, this is tabbar's problem! I use it in two Emacs flavours and know what you're writing of ...

I don't see much sense in using tabbar.el, because it is behaving strangely or I need to re-read the docs, except the Emacsen are a bit handicapped. Doesn't the usual control-(left-)click bring up a pop-up with sorted or grouped buffers?

--
Greetings

  Pete

"If you don't find it in the index, look very carefully through the entire catalogue." – Sears, Roebuck, and Co., Consumer's Guide, 1897