Inexplicable flaw: non-overridable .emacs

From: kj
Subject: Inexplicable flaw: non-overridable .emacs
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:15:15 +0000 (UTC)

Please correct me if I'm wrong, it is my understanding that one
cannot use a command-line switch to tell emacs to read a config
file *other* than the standard ~/.emacs.

If this is correct, I seems to me an inexplicable design flaw.  Is
there some fundamental reason for it?

Of course, if my understanding is incorrect, please toss me a
cluebrick!

TIA!

kj