trouble generating Javadoc with JDEE

From: Malte Spiess
Subject: trouble generating Javadoc with JDEE
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:23:12 +0100

Hi fellas,

I'm having some trouble generating the docu with jde(e) here on my
Debian system with the Emacs snapshot and Sun Java6.

I have updated the alternatives, that means that I can enter javadoc as
any user and it will use the appropriate version (in case this matters)
as supposed by the guide on the JDEE homepage. More precisely speaking
the link /usr/bin/javadoc is set as it should be. Thus using javadoc on
a terminal works fine.

Still when I do `M-x jde-javadoc-make` in a buffer showing a .java file
all I get is
apply: Symbol's value as variable is void: compilation-nomessage-regexp-alist
.

Has anyone an idea why this happens?

Any help is appreciated!

Malte