Re: How do I find docs for a given library? (minor mode?)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How do I find docs for a given library? (minor mode?)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 17:01:19 +0200

> From: jmg3000@gmail.com
> Date: 23 Mar 2007 07:29:19 -0700
>

> | Info file emacs does not exist
> |

> BTW, after searching around, I think this ``missing Emacs manual on
> Debian'' issue has already been discussed, and seems to actually have
> been done on purpose due to the DFSG having a problem with the GFDL.

Ah, that nuisance...  Well, you should be able to fetch the manuals
from some other place and install it yourself.  For example, from the
Emacs CVS:

    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/emacs/man/?root=emacs
    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/emacs/lispref/?root=emacs
    http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewcvs/emacs/lispintro/?root=emacs

You will need the makeinfo and install-info programs (from the Texinfo
package) to build the manuals.