Re: Compile mode in emacs!!

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Compile mode in emacs!!
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 11:17:47 +0200

Am 28.03.2007 um 10:56 schrieb Nazir:

I guess, you are right. Could you please tell me how to fix this?

Determine what your login shell is. Set in its RC file PATH to the value PATH_USER shows. Log off and in. Enjoy the change.

Infact, when I said "printenv", I saw a big list, where in PATH_USER had the correct value, where as the PATH variable was referring to an incorrect value. I also changed the path in Mx-compile, using "setenv PATH <value>", but it gets reset to a different value!!

"Setenv" is a shell command in (t)csh. You have to use 'env <VARIABLE>=<value>' ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped.
                                         - Groucho Marx