Re: Compile mode in emacs!!

From: Ken Goldman
Subject: Re: Compile mode in emacs!!
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:18:44 -0400

elxsian@gmail.com wrote:
When I try to use the compile mode in emacs, it picks up the default gcc (/usr/bin/gcc). I need it to pick the gcc in a different location. How do I do that? I tried sourcing the path from the compile mode, but did not help.

IMHO, the best approach is to learn how to use make. Then let emacs do the default (run make) and put details like paths, command line options, etc., in the makefile.