Re: Management C Project Files with Emacs?

From: Colin S. Miller
Subject: Re: Management C Project Files with Emacs?
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:15:12 +0100

Daniel wrote:
Hi,

If I want to compile a large project like Linux Kernel, I don't know
how I can use emacs.

2. Whenever opening a file, it seems that emacs change current
directory. So, I cannot simply type "M-x compile RET make". Is there
anyway to have emacs to stick on specific directory?

These easiest way to do this is to change the compile line to

cd /path/to/src/ && make -f Makefile ALL

HTH,
Colin S. Miller

--
Replace the obvious in my email address with the first three letters of the
hostname to reply.