RE: Increment Search in a Certain Region?

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Increment Search in a Certain Region?
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 15:46:42 -0700

> When I do C-s for increment[al] search, it searches whole buffer. What I
> want it to search only in a certain region. Can it be possible?

You can narrow the buffer to the region: `C-x n n', then search: `C-s'. When
you are done, you can widen the buffer: `C-x n w'.

Otherwise, I don't think it's possible to tell `C-s' to limit itself to the
region.

An alternative, which does limit search to the region (if it is active and
non-empty): `C-`' in Icicles:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Search_Enhancements#IciclesS
earchCommands