info-lookup-symbol

From: Rehceb Rotkiv
Subject: info-lookup-symbol
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2007 18:07:07 -0500

Hello,

when I use info-lookup-symbol, I sometimes get to the wrong place in the
info file. For example, when I use info-lookup-symbol on the keyword
"break" in a Python source code file, it takes me to the index item

* break <1>: try statement.

instead of

* break: break statement.

probably because (strangely) the first appears before the latter in the
index of the info file. How can I avoid this? Is it, for example,
possible, to get a summary of all index items that contain "break"
instead of directly jumping to the first one? Also, how does Emacs know
in which index file to look / how can I customize it?

Regards,
Rehceb Rotkiv