Re: info-lookup-symbol

From: Rehceb Rotkiv
Subject: Re: info-lookup-symbol
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 09:20:26 -0500

On Mon, 09 Apr 2007 14:48:00 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:

> I am using MS Windows and I am just wondering where "break" is on my
> keyboard.

It's not a key, but a string that you enter literally! When you are in
Info mode, i.e. looking at an info document in Emacs, you can use the
function "Info-index", which is bound to "i" by default, to search for a
string in the index of the info file -- in this case the Python keyword
"break". And as Eli told me, when you press <TAB> instead of <RET> after
entering the search string, you get a list of alle index entries
containing the search string. Try it out, it's very useful!

HTH,
Rehceb