Re: info-lookup-symbol

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: info-lookup-symbol
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 21:15:25 +0300

> Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2007 16:50:14 +0200
> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
> CC: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> Normal Emacs completion. I have actually never used that in Info ;-)

Probably because it never worked in Emacs's Info until a year or so
ago, when Stefan (I think) implemented it, to be consistent with the
stand-alone Info reader (where TAB completion in index search worked
since day one).

> Yes, that seems useful. I normally just use C-s in Info to free text
> search across nodes.

Index search is much more efficient that C-s.

> It is does not take very long time to do this (if you know what you
> are looking for, of course).

Index search is for using the manual as a reference, and in that case
you normally have some idea about what you are looking for.