Re: How to redefine Parantheses?

From: Paul Batt
Subject: Re: How to redefine Parantheses?
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 08:36:10 +0200

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1882.1176143496.7795.help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org...

> Works for me, if I evaluate these two lines in the *scratch* buffer.
> If the same works for you, I suspect your .emacs's encoding might have
> something to do with the problem.

those two lines evaluate well in the scratch buffer. But C-z does not work.
Instead of inserting the «-character, I'm told "After 0 kbd macro
iterations: Keyboard macro terminated by a command ringing the bell". I
don't understand what that means. However, the macro works if I replace «
with anything else.