Re: Counting words

From: Wilfred Zegwaard (privé)
Subject: Re: Counting words
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:46:26 +0200

I found the wordcount thing.
I mean specific instances of words. The number of times eg that "the" occurs in a text. But I need to search on specific combinations, like "the exact word", but also a fuzzy search on specific combinations.

Not HTML tags, but specific strings that this package that I use calls TAGS and who are easily identifiable with a string or string combination.

Wilfred

"Wilfred Zegwaard (privé)" <wilfred.zegwaard@home.nl> writes:

Can someone point me out some good documentation about counting words,
tags, etc in EMacs?

You might have to be a little more specific.  Do you mean counting total
words in a buffer?  If so, here is how to do that:

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/WordCount

If you are talking about counting the number of times a specific word
occurs in a buffer or the like, I am sure someone else has done that
before and will post a solution soon.

Concerning tags, can you be more specific here as well?  HTML tags?

rdc
--
Robert D. Crawford                                      rdc1x@comcast.net

Ginger snap.