Re: file/local variables (and auctex?)

From: thorne
Subject: Re: file/local variables (and auctex?)
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:40:47 -0700

Ralf Angeli <dev.null@caeruleus.net> writes:

> There is some spurious whitespace at the end of the last line.

Yeah, wow i actually found that last night and sure enough, it has an
effect.  That trailing whitespace would have an effect does not
seem... ideal.

> You specified to call LaTeX mode in the local variables stanza.

Yeah, thanks.  I got it more or less fixed.

> The variables in AUCTeX are called `TeX-open-quote' and
> `TeX-close-quote', not `tex-open-quote' and `tex-close-quote'.

Wow.  So sure enough, i do have a variable called `tex-open-quotes'
and another one called `TeX-open-quotes'.  That does not seem to me to
be... ideal.

Well, it doesn't matter.  I think i am officially giving up on doing
what i want to do with either troff or LaTeX.  But thank you anyway.
When my next avenue of approach fails to pan out, maybe i will come
back to LaTeX.

--
þ    theron tlåx    þ
(compose-mail (concat "thorne@" (rot13 "gvzoeny") ".net"))