Initial Frame doesn't adjust to new font size ??

From: William Case
Subject: Initial Frame doesn't adjust to new font size ??
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 05:23:32 -0400

Hi;

I have changed my initial font size in .emacs through custom-set-faces
from courier 12 pt to 14 pt in Emacs 21.4.  (I am getting older and the
vision has started to dim.) When Emacs initializes the frame is large
enough but the right scroll bar and menu bar remain the old size and
position for several seconds before adjusting to the new frame and emacs
takes much longer struggling to startup.  I have tried to adjust it in
my Xresources file -- but no joy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
--
Regards Bill