Re: Changing font-lock for combined HTML and PHP code??

From: William Case
Subject: Re: Changing font-lock for combined HTML and PHP code??
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 14:59:17 -0400

Thanks Lennart;

You know how it is.  I missed the meeting of our local LUG and got
appointed as one of the maintainers our website.  Have only done very
very basic web stuff before.

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 17:49 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> Hadron wrote:
>
> > I would suggest trying nxhtml - it has come on a lot recently and
> > Lennart is sufficiently motivated to support it. The whole html/php/css
> > situation is a bit of a mess for emacs at the moment - too many
> > competing hacks. nxhtml is quite a nice solution to all that.
>

> Thanks for the kind words. But please hold on for a couple of hours if
> you want to test nXhtml. I am currently trying to add an improvement for
> XHTML completion in PHP. I will tell here when I am ready.

I'll wait until I see a posting.  The problem is we seem to have a
mishmash of html and php that started out as php rather than the other
way around.  First, I need something that is just easy to update the
site with current information.

We use subversion for updating.  In the longer term I think everything
has to be re-done but right now it is all *.php files with HTML tags and
code mixed in.  By the way, there is nothing wrong with the look of our
LUG site but the backend seems to be a dog's breakfast.

Regards Bill