Re: fullscreen does not work

From: Cecil Westerhof
Subject: Re: fullscreen does not work
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 11:19:52 +0200

Robert D. Crawford wrote:

> Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy.nl> writes:
>
>> Robert D. Crawford wrote:
>>
>>> This option is new in emacs 22.
>
>> Okay, that explains it. I still have 21.3.1.
>> I see that 22 is in pretest. So I suppose I can better wait before I
>> upgrade.
>
> Actually, if you are able to follow the directions on fetching and
> building the cvs version you _could_ do that.  It is not difficult and I
> have seen no bugs in what I use.  The official release is not long in
> coming.
>
> However, if you only want fullscreen and have no other compelling reason
> to upgrade, don't.

I am just using Emacs for a week, so I do not think that I can not wait on
the new release. Especially when you say that it comes soon.
And to get it full screen I just give:
        <Alt>+<F3> x
So it is not a very big problem, more a little anouiance. ;-}

> It would be _far_ easier to simply set the geometry
> in .Xdefaults.  I have:
>
> emacs.geometry: 100x38+0+0
>
> for a 1024x768 screen using the font setting:
>
> emacs*font: 10x20

I tried this in ${HOME}/.Xdefaults, but this has no result.