timeclock and the "day" concept

From: Denis Bueno
Subject: timeclock and the "day" concept
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:41:20 -0400

All,

I don't see anything in the Manual about this, so I'm asking here.

I frequently work less than 8-hour days, and not in any predictable
way (i.e. I don't work exactly the same hours every week). I'd like to
keep track of my time using timeclock. Is there a way, using the
`timeclock-in'/`timeclock-out' mechanism, to say that "yesterday is
over, start from 0 hours today"? This way if I record less than 8
hours one day, the next day starts counting fresh, instead of thinking
I need to "make up" the rest of the eight hours not completed the day
before.

An acceptable approximation to a command that does the stuff above
would be simply to zero out the time from any previous days when I
clock in for the first time in a day. This way, when I clock in in the
morning, timeclock wouldn't think I have time to make up.

Thanks in advance.

-Denis