Re: diary file variables are ignored in emacs and in calendar.el

From: ken
Subject: Re: diary file variables are ignored in emacs and in calendar.el
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 01:55:23 -0400

On 04/23/2007 06:23 PM somebody named Glenn Morris wrote:
> ken wrote:
>
>> If it matters, I know that .emacs successfully executed code lower
>> down in .emacs than the above setq line.
>
> Then I have a hard time seeing how you could get this error.

Seems I was suffering from semicolon blindness, i.e., the above
statement I made isn't true, i.e., there is an error in .emacs which
caused it to bail before my redefinition of the variable diary-file:

(define-mail-alias weasels ripped.my@flesh.com)

Just looking at it and pondering elisp as hard as I can, I imagine it
must need a quote or two somewhere.  Being ever the elisp neophyte
though, I can't say where or what kind.

define-mail-alias is an interactive compiled Lisp function in
`mailalias.el'.
(define-mail-alias name definition &optional from-mailrc-file)

Define name as a mail alias that translates to definition.
This means that sending a message to name will actually send to definition.

gives me no clue as to syntax (though "me" might be the pivotal term here).

What's da fix??

tnx++

--
"This world ain't big enough for the both of us,"
said the big noema to the little noema.