Re: emacs current directory when shell commands change

From: Kai Grossjohann
Subject: Re: emacs current directory when shell commands change
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 13:36:53 +0200

"David Strozzi" <david.strozzi@gmail.com> writes:

> The functionality I want is having a bunch of 5 or 6 char aliases that
> take me to some god-forsaken dirs buried in the filesystem, and I want
> emacs to know where I'm going.  How do I do this?

I set environment variables and type "cd $foo".

Perhaps you could change your aliases to do "cd /some/where; pwd"?
Would that work?

There are also extensions to shell-mode that perform directory
tracking.  Perhaps if you google "Emacs shell mode directory tracking
dirtrack", you can find something.

Kai