Re: Emacs and C++ codesense

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Emacs and C++ codesense
Date: 26 Apr 2007 00:43:41 -0700

On Apr 25, 8:24 pm, Eli Zaretskii <e...@gnu.org> wrote:

> > - Jumping to the definition of the symbol I'm standing on when I press
> > a key. I know tags is useful for that, but they don''t seem to work
> > properly in every case, only in most of the cases and I'd like a
> > proper solution.
>
> Tags work for me; if they don't for you, please give an example.

I used Emacs' etags first. Moving to exuberant ctags solved the
problem.

> > - Show the documentation of the current symbol in a tooltip when
> > pressing a key. The tooltip is not a big deal. I can do it if I can
> > get the documentation somehow.
>
> Try "C-h S".

describe-syntax? Are you sure you meant that?

I was thinking of something like this:

http://esense.sourceforge.net/shot2.jpg

> > - Inteligent completion of the current symbol when I press a key.
>
> Is "M-/" intelligent enough for you?  If not, please define
> ``intelligent''.

  instance.<pressing completion key>

Only those completions should be offered which make sense in the scope
of the object (data members, member functions, inherited member
functions, etc.)