Re: Emacs and C++ codesense

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs and C++ codesense
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 23:14:11 +0300

> From: "spamfilteraccount@gmail.com" <spamfilteraccount@gmail.com>
> Date: 26 Apr 2007 00:43:41 -0700
>
> > Try "C-h S".
>
> describe-syntax? Are you sure you meant that?

You didn't say which Emacs version you had, so I guessed, and my guess
was wrong.  I now think you use v21.x, where the command I meant is
bound to C-h TAB.

> I was thinking of something like this:
>
> http://esense.sourceforge.net/shot2.jpg

If that is what you want, why not download esense and use it?

> > > - Inteligent completion of the current symbol when I press a key.
> >
> > Is "M-/" intelligent enough for you?  If not, please define
> > ``intelligent''.
>
>   instance.<pressing completion key>
>
> Only those completions should be offered which make sense in the scope
> of the object (data members, member functions, inherited member
> functions, etc.)

I think you want "C-c C-m TAB" in ebrowse.el.  Read all about that in
the Ebrowse manual (which comes with Emacs).