Bug in emacs 22?

From: Tim X
Subject: Bug in emacs 22?
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 19:12:29 +1000

I've run into what I think may be a bug in the GTK version of emacs 22. Before
looking deeper, I thought I'd see if anyone else has observed the same problem.

I'm finding that defadvice is causing an infinite loop when there is more than
one piece of advice associated with a function. The type of advice (ie. before,
around or after) doesn't appear to matter. In each case I've checked, if a
function has more than one piece of advice defined for it, you get an error
"Lisp nesting exceeds `max-lisp-eval-depth'".

The weird thing is that this does not happen if I run the X Toolkit/Motif
version of emacs 22. It only occurs with the GTK version.

If my guess is correct, it should be fairly easy to create a test case that
will reproduce this problem. This is what I'll do prior to logging a bug report
so that I can include it in the report.

At this point, I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced anything similar.

regards,

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au