Re: Keeping the diary on a remote server

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Keeping the diary on a remote server
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 13:33:48 -0600

>>>>> "Rehceb" == Rehceb Rotkiv <rehceb@no.spam.plz> writes:

Rehceb> is there a reasonable way to keep the diary for `calendar' at a remote
Rehceb> location? I have tried using Tramp to access my diary by setting `diary-
Rehceb> file' to "/ssh:myserver:mydiary". It works, but it does not make much
Rehceb> sense to run a full-blown Tramp SSH session just to show the diary (and
Rehceb> it takes quite long to open it). Does anyone know a better way?

Perhaps you could play with the new icalendar support in Emacs 22.  I
haven't tried it yet myself, so I don't know if it would do what you
want.

Or you could do something outside of Emacs, e.g. use Unison.
I've been considering that.

Tom