Re: Emacs and C++ codesense

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Emacs and C++ codesense
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 06:25:48 +0300

> From: Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com>
> Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 01:16:30 +0200

> >> describe-syntax? Are you sure you meant that?
> >
> > You didn't say which Emacs version you had, so I guessed, and my guess
> > was wrong.  I now think you use v21.x, where the command I meant is
> > bound to C-h TAB.
>
> What does C-h TAB do? Can you please describe the function names as key
> bindings change.

The function is info-lookup-symbol.

> > I think you want "C-c C-m TAB" in ebrowse.el.  Read all about that in
> > the Ebrowse manual (which comes with Emacs).
>
> Again - please list function names. It really would help.

It's ebrowse-tags-complete-symbol.

But please note that by insisting on function names like that you
abuse the help I give here to some extent.  The bindings I mentioned
are the default bindings, not my personal bindings.  Even though key
bindings may be different in your setup, you can always fire up
"emacs -q --no-site-file" to see what are the default bindings.  And
in the last case, where you need to load a library to have the
command, I named that library, and even pointed to the appropriate
manual.  It is not nice to require that I also write the function
names explicitly, as the information I gave originally already
provides you everything you need to find those commands by yourself.
This is not a hot help line, and you are not paying me for my time,
you know.  Please be ready to invest some of your own time and some
minimal effort into digesting the help you are given.