Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: Robert Thorpe
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: 30 Apr 2007 03:00:31 -0700

On Apr 24, 6:07 am, 30ish emacs user <kalap.ka...@freemail.hu> wrote:
> That's only an assumption and I'd like to verify it. Would you please
> post your age if you're interested? The statistics could be
> interesting. :)

I'm 28, I've used Emacs for ~8 years.  The age distribution seems to
be interestingly even, many people from almost every decade of adult
life.

I would have thought that there would be two sets of people: Young
people who discovered Emacs via the web and Linux/GNU recently and a
older generation that discovered it installed on *nix machines at
their work or university.  But it seems not, if the thread is
representative then a steady stream of people have been introduced to
it for a long time.