Re: How to compare strings?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How to compare strings?
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 22:28:34 +0300

> From: David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org>
> Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 00:25:59 +0200
>
> You are seemingly talking about something entirely different.  I can't
> even make sense of your explanations.

I simply didn't understand what you were asking (I actually told that
right at the beginning of my response).  I thought you were asking
about script-specific sorting, and that is what I responded to.

But you in fact asked about language-specific sorting that goes beyond
script.  Emacs doesn't currently support any language-specific
features (not just sorting, _any_ features), unless they happen to
coincide with script-specific features.  Adding such language-specific
features should probably be part of the agenda for the Unicode based
Emacs (a.k.a. Emacs 23), and I expect it to be a lot of work.