Re: special buffer frames again

From: Tyler Smith
Subject: Re: special buffer frames again
Date: Tue, 01 May 2007 01:53:20 GMT

On 2007-04-30, Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com> wrote:

> I hate to say it, but this is a general problem with Emacs, IMO.

It looks like others agree - I've now found two other projects that
tackle this project in different ways.

>  If you are
> interested, either to try my code or to use it as inspiration for your own
> tweaks, here are some links:
>
> Doc: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/OneOnOneEmacs
> Code: http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/oneonone.el

I've taken a look, and it's very interesting. At the moment I'm
happiest with the way the R help buffers are treated by the ESS
version of special buffer frames. I've also played with the
framepop.el package, available via the emacs-goodies.el package in
Debian. Between these two packages and your code I imagine I'll be
able to hack up something to suit me, although it is apparently going
to take a bit of tinkering to get it just right.

Thanks for the pointers. I'll let you know what I come up with!

Cheers,

Tyler