Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: Tue, 1 May 2007 19:03:19 +0200

On 5/1/07, Harald Hanche-Olsen <hanche@math.ntnu.no> wrote:

Oh, come on.  Surely, I cannot be the only one here who's been using
punch cards?  Rhetorical question really; I know of one other at
least, that I gratuitously insulted a while back in the thread.

I used punch cards around 1982; it was old technology even then, as it
was the PDP-11 we first-year studends were also allowed to use. From
second year on we had access to several VAXen (with VMS, a great OS if
I ever saw one).

            Juanma