Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:50:59 +0200

Am 02.05.2007 um 11:01 schrieb Stein Arild Strømme:

Were there Meta and Control keys there, or how did we do it? Did it involve backspacing?

I don't remember any Escape, Meta, Alt, Control, Shift, or Backspace key on those teletype like IBM keyboards – how would you rub out punched holes?

--
Greetings

  Pete

"If builders built buildings the way programmers write programs, then the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization."
                                 -- Weinberg's Second Law