Re: Another 'best' practices question ??

From: William Case
Subject: Re: Another 'best' practices question ??
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 15:35:20 -0400

Hi Lennart;

I appreciate your personal response.

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 19:59 +0200, Lennart Borgman (gmail) wrote:
> William Case wrote:
> > Hi;
> >
> > I have downloaded nxhtml-1.00.070501.zip.  I now have to put it
> > somewhere and then add it to my loadpath.  Is that correct?
>
> Unpack it and follow the instructions in readme.txt. You do not have to
> put it in your load-path. If you follow the instructions some
> directories will instead be added to your load-path.
>
> > If so, where should I put it?
>
> Anywhere, see above.
>
> When you open your first .html file you will get some more instructions.
>
> > Should I create a new directory in "/usr/share/emacs/22.0.95/lisp" or
> > add the file to an existing directory?  I tried to include it with the
> > XHTML-mode but I could find specific XHTML, HTML or PHP mode files or
> > directories to include it with.  Is that a good idea or not?
>
> I am not sure what you mean, but nXhtml includes a new mode for XHTML
> called nxhtml-mode. You can also use the mode that comes with Emacs 22,
> html-mode, but then you will miss completion for XHTML.
>
> nXhtml also includes a php-mode. Please use that one, not some other
> version, since I have made some corrections to it.

I can see that my above questions, might have been particularly
newbie-dumb, but I am not the only dumb newbie out there. Might not it
have been useful to other users to see your response.

Particularly, since I have followed your instructions and have the new
nXhtml-mode working, I would now like to congratulate you on your work.
I think that those kudos from me and others should be on the public
list.

I am really impressed with what you have done and what you have shown
can be done with Lisp in emacs.

--
Regards Bill