Re: Is there any good website for emacs newbie?

From: William Case
Subject: Re: Is there any good website for emacs newbie?
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 00:30:45 -0400

Hi SimpleCode;

I am a newbie as well.  There are lots of tutorials around, but the one
that did the most for me was:

http://www.linuxselfhelp.com/gnu/emacs-lisp-intro/html_mono/emacs-lisp-intro.html

For two years I learnt emacs by rote and by copying.  Everything I tried
to do lead to errors and frustration.  It has taken me 5 or 6
intermittent hours of following the text and trying the few samples in
the emacs-lisp-intro to finally get it.  The intro is well written,
clear and covers the main concepts at a learnable pace.  Now that I
understand basic concepts of how emacs and lisp work, I love it.

The site mentioned above is an HTML version of the GNU emacs-lisp intro
-- take your pick; the content is the same.

On Thu, 2007-05-03 at 19:27 -0700, SimpleCode wrote:
> I am a emacs newbie but I like it.

It is worth the trouble.

--
Regards Bill