Re: Emacs and C++ codesense

From: Maciej Katafiasz
Subject: Re: Emacs and C++ codesense
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 10:06:27 +0000 (UTC)

Den Fri, 04 May 2007 23:04:41 +0200 skrev Hadron:

>>> This is all good but how did you do these things? Do you have
>>> accompanying instructions/tutorial?
>>
>> Not in any organised manner, no. It's just a demonstration of some simple
>> (more or less) functions of several packages I use, amongst them semantic
>> and related tools. The tooltip completion you can see I posted not so long
>> ago to emacs-sources, it's called semantic-hover-completion.el. Version
>> 0.1 is very buggy, though, so it's not really very usable for anyone who
>> isn't me. Unfortunately, I won't have the time to fix that in the
>> immediate feature.
>
> ok, so it wasn't a demo of what semantic can do. It was a mish mash of
> different things not likely to be reproduced by anyone but yourself :-;

But of course, large parts of it were due to semantic usage. You asked how
it can fit C coding, this is my answer.

> Why did you do your own completion? What was wrong with intellisense?
> Have you used intellisense?

Uhh, this *is* intellisense. At least as long as you regard "intellisense"
as a generic description and not trademarked name by MSFT. I wrote it
because the existing completion popups for semantic were not close enonugh
to the original IntelliSense, or rather, diverged in ways that seriously
hindered their usefulness.

Cheers,
Maciej