Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 12:19:26 +0200

On 5/5/07, David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

"I would not be using Windows if it wasn't the only platform where I
could seamlessly integrate Emacs into my desktop" is quite likely.

Well, I think that's also unlikely, but I suppose we'll have to agree
to disagree on this one.

So
instead of making it a Windows-only application server, I find it
legitimate to demand a solution that won't work Windows-only and might
very well _block_ a clean implementation of, say, CORBA because of
Windows-only design decisions.

I find it legitimate, too. I wasn't complaining about Richard's decision.

If 90% of Emacs functionality worked only on Windows, it would be
pretty useless for promoting free software.

Aha. We're agreeing here, then. There's no point in ad-hoc,
system-specific "fixes" when a general one could be developed with
similar effort.

            Juanma