Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?

From: Mark Woodward
Subject: Re: Emacs 21 or snapshot?
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 01:01:41 -0000

Thanks all,

On Wed, 02 May 2007 12:15:53 +0000, Mark Woodward wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> As someone wishing to learn Emacs would you recommend I install Emacs 21
> or Emacs-snapshot?
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 and noticed some packages state emacs21 as a
> dependency. So not sure if that means they're not compatible with the
> snapshot version.
>
> The pipe dream would be a setup something like this:
> http://platypope.org/yada/emacs-demo/
>

> thanks,

Installed snapshot from the fiesty repositories for now.
Now just have to learn how to use it ;-)

PS - Xavier, the link shows a screencast of Emacs set up to handle Ruby
code in a way I'd like to get it eventually. He explains how he's done it
on another page, but that might have to wait ATM. As long as I can get
used to the basics for now, I'll peck away at it after the Uni semester.

thanks again,

--
Mark