Re: Using widgets and timers simultaneously

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: Using widgets and timers simultaneously
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 15:11:16 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Martin,

Anyone is always happy when he discover where the problem comes
from even if he do not know how to solve it ! Indeed my problem
was not a conflict between widgets and timers but I think a
conflict between the two things and the speech system I am
using on my emacs. Indeed I a blind and usinbg speechd-el and
certain functions are advised (anyway the system tries to
produce speech echo when displaying). When executing my code
without activating the speech support it seems that there is no
problem and that everything displays correctly.
(I can check it with a braille display).

So I have to investigate why there is a conflict between the
speech system and "the rest of the world" but anyway it
concerns pieces of code that I did not communicate to you !

So I thank you for your help even if I did not give you all
elements of the problem : I am very sorry for that ! but I did
not figure myself that the problem could come from ther ...

Bests

Pierre