Re: printing with dark background and faces

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Re: printing with dark background and faces
Date: 9 May 2007 01:14:19 -0700

On 9 Maj, 09:05, stro...@math.uib.no (Stein Arild Strømme) wrote:
> [Allan Gottlieb]
>
> | I use a dark (actually black) background and like it, except for a
> | problem with printing.  Although I mainly encounter the problem with
> | gnus, I believe it is an emacs, rather than qnus, question so I am
> | asking it here.
> |
> | The function in question is ps-print-buffer-with faces, which works
> | just as expected and produces a hard copy that resembles the screen.
> |
> | The trouble is that white on black, which I like on the screen, is
> | quite bad on paper (and uses a lot of ink).  I know about
> | ps-print-without-faces, but sometimes the color is useful.
> |
> | What I would like is to have the print look the way my screen would
> | look were I using a light background.  Any suggestions?
>
> (setq ps-print-color-p nil)

I have also wondered about this problem for quite some time. If
believe the above statement strips away all colors which I think is
not what Allan wants.

If I do want to use the light-background coloring when printing,
should I then temporarily set the frame background to white, print and
then switch back? If so how do I dynamically change the background of
a window or frame from dark to light (white) and make the font-locking
follow correctly as had I restarted emacs with a light background?

/Nordlöw